Thank you for your interest in becoming a patient of
The Neurology Center of South Delaware, P.A.
Patients who are new to our practice should be referred by a treating physician. In addition, The Neurology Center of South Delaware, P.A. does require its patients to have an ongoing relationship with a Primary Care provider.
For your convenience, new patient referrals are typically reviewed and scheduled within two business days of our receipt of complete patient records.
Because we wish to make your first visit constructive, we ask that your referring physician provide the following with your referral:
• Complete demographics (name, date of birth, address, phone numbers, insurance information, etc.)
• Insurance Referrals (if your insurance requires a referral for you to be seen by a specialist). Some insurance plans requiring referrals include: Tricare, United Healthcare, Blue Cross (state and federal), Integra, Geisinger, Aetna, etc. **If you are not sure whether your insurance requires a referral to be seen by a specialist, please call your insurance plan. It is your responsibility to make sure a referral is completed for your appointment. Appointments requiring referrals may be cancelled or billed to you if the appropriate paperwork is not completed by the day of your appointment.
• Your referring provider’s last complete office visit relating to the reason for referral
• Any accompanying lab results, radiology results, or other testing that applies to the reason for referral or the patient’s pertinent medical history
• Any additional pertinent medical records that may help us in the diagnosis and/or management of your medical condition(s) (we may request additional records as we review your medical history)
*Please note: Patients who have had imaging studies done may be required to obtain a CD of their imaging studies from the imaging facility*
On the Day of Your Appointment
**Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your appointment for necessary paperwork and registration.
On the day of your appointment, please bring your Driver’s License or ID, ALL insurance cards, and any copays, coinsurance, or deductible amounts (please call our office for additional information regarding appointment charges).
Please bring a medication list of all medications and supplements you are currently taking.
Patients or patient representatives are expected to fill out medical history and registration forms for their appointments. Please come to your appointment prepared to complete your paperwork. For your convenience, the required forms may also be printed and completed at home and brought to your appointment.
To print New Patient forms, please click here: New Patient Packet
To print Established Patient forms, please click here: Established Patient Forms